Our application process is ever evolving to maximize efficiency, fairness and our criterion. Please note our new process:
The application is now available year-round, however, we will only accept submissions within the windows of March 1-31, July 1-31 and November 1-30. We then release funds to your clinic by the last day of the following month (April, August and December).
There is a 2 Step Process for this application:
The application is now shortened. We require basic medical and financial information to ensure eligibility and criterion is met. Those applicants are then shortlisted based on a grading system compiled by the Board.
If shortlisted, the applicants will receive a second application to complete. This application is more invasive and detailed. It will require 12 months of all bank statements and credit card statements plus a medical evaluation form to be completed by your physician.
Once we receive these, we will consult with our medical consultants about your medical information and evaluate your finances.
Using the same criterion from the first round, we will then select a couple/individual who best meets the criteria for funding.
- Applicants must be residents of Saskatchewan.
- Applicants must either have a diagnosis of infertility from a medical professional or a specialized need for fertility treatments (ie. same-sex couples).
- Applicant age limit for women is 44.
- Applicant age limit for men is 50.
- Applicants must prove financial need. While there isn’t a salary cap, please note we evaluate your income, debts, spending habits and assets.
- Applicants must be able to pay for a portion of their treatment.
- Treatments must stay within Canada. We do not fund international treatments. This includes Canadian clinics that work in collaboration with US clinics. Any treatments done in the US will not be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply for funding through The Family Fertility Fund of Saskatchewan, please click on this link HERE
We will only accept submissions within the windows of March 1-31, July 1-31 and November 1-30. Applications received before or after these dates will not be considered. We understand some people are uncomfortable sending sensitive information through the mail.
You have the option to contact one of our board members (Dani @ 306.717.4232 or Kelsey @ 306.290.2798) to arrange to drop off within Saskatoon instead.
Give yourself lots of time to complete the application. It’s not easy reliving and remembering your struggles and hardships.
Make sure you read over the application in full before beginning. Refer to your bank statements to complete the household budget. Many people don’t realize how much they spend on miscellaneous things.
Be honest. We will require proof of all financial statements made in the preliminary application.
Take bubble baths, make time for yourself and communicate with your family/friends/partner. Fertility struggles are difficult and relentless; we want this process to be as stress-free as possible for you as you apply and share your story with us.
Ensure the correct email when sending your $20 non-refundable application fee. It’s firstname.lastname@example.org with question “what for” and answer “funding.”