support for your journey
HOW IT WORKS
The application period is open three times a year. They run from January 1 to 31, May 1 to 31, and September 1 to 30. Once the application period is complete, grading will take place and recipients will be notified, after which the funding is released directly to the recipients’ fertility clinic.
The application process is broken into two parts. In the initial application, we ask for basic medical and financial information, and also offer you the opportunity to tell us your story. Based on a grading system created by the board, we shortlist applicants who most strongly align with our criteria.
Considerations for our grading committee include: personal story, treatments undergone thus far, previous losses and financial situation.
If your application is shortlisted, you will be asked to provide specific financial documentation. We will then select and notify our recipients.
- Applicants must reside in Saskatchewan, Canada.
- FFFS grants are in high demand and we try to help as many families as we can.
- Grants are limited to one in a lifetime; therefore, previous grant recipients are unable to re-apply.
- If you have applied previously but were unsuccessful, you are welcome to apply again.
- Applicants must either have a diagnosis of infertility from a medical professional or a specialized need for fertility treatments (i.e., same-sex couples).
- Applicant age limit is 44 for women and 50 for men.
- Applicants must prove financial need. While there isn’t a salary cap, please note we evaluate your income, debts, assets and spending habits.
- We strive to be diverse in regards to ethnicity, sexual orientation, personal story and geography. Please note that The Family Fertility Fund of Saskatchewan will not cover travel fees, accommodations or any other required funds necessary for out-of-province treatments although we will fund treatments in other provinces.
- Please ensure ALL FIELDS are completed. Incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered.
- Detailing your journey can be an emotional experience. Give yourself time to prepare and grace as you complete the process.
- When you create an account you will have the opportunity to save your in-progress application and come back to complete it. Break it into pieces if it helps you.
- Read over the application in full before beginning.
- Refer to your bank statements to complete the household budget. Many people don’t realize how much they spend on miscellaneous things.
- Be honest. We will require proof of ALL financial statements made in the initial application.
- Make time for yourself and communicate with your partner or other supports as needed. Fertility struggles are difficult and relentless; we want this process to be as stress free as possible for you as you apply and share your story with us.
- All applications are considered once per cycle. If you wish to reapply in a subsequent cycle, you must complete another application during that period.